Activity of Vitebsk Republican Unitary Enterprise of Electric Power Industry “Vitebskenergo” embraces generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electrical energy and heat energy.
Parent organization is State Production Association “Belenergo”.
Full name in English: VITEBSK REPUBLICAN UNITARY ENTERPRISE OF ELECTRIC POWER INDUSTRY “VITEBSKENERGO”.
Abbreviated name in English: RUE "VITEBSKENERGO".
The key objectives of RUE “Vitebskenergo” are reliable, high-quality, safe, cost-effective functioning and innovative development of generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electrical energy and heat energy, as well as making profit to meet the economic interests of the enterprise and social interests of the employees based on an enterprise development strategy.
The main activities of RUE "Vitebskenergo" are:
- generation of electrical energy by heat power plants;
- generation of electrical energy by other power plants;
- transmission of electrical energy;
- distribution of electrical energy;
- sale of electrical energy;
- generation of heat energy by heat power plants, separate boiler-houses, other power sources;
- transmission and distribution of heat power through heat networks;
- heat supply;
- service maintenance (operation and repair), construction, renovation and modernization of power plants, boiler-houses, electric and thermal networks, power-generating and technological equipment;
- implementation of information technology;
- other types of activities (livestock production, horticulture, peat extraction).
17 branches are affiliated to RUE "Vitebskenergo":
RUE "Vitebskenergo" employs over 10 thousand people.